Anulom vilom pranayam is an incredible energizer which works effectively to relieve stress and anxiety. Regular practitioners have also treated their serious health conditions, which include heart problems, cartilage, depression, asthma, high blood pressure and arthritis. Some of the practitioners have also treated bent ligaments, neural issues, migraine pain and sinus by exercising anulom vilom pranayam.
How to do Anulom Vilom Pranaya
The left nostril represents energy of the moon that symbolises peace and tranquil and therefore, has a cooling effect. If you must purify the different Nadis or channels of the body, you must begin anulom vilom pranayama with the left nostril and exhale with the right. This is referred to as “one cycle”. Start the second cycle by inhaling with the right nostril and exhaling with the left.Once you have achieved the strength to practice the cycles for longer duration, inhale with as much force as you can and then exhale with the same intensity. While you are repeating this pranayama, repeat “OM” in your mind.
Benefits of Anulom Vilom Pranayam
- Practicing of anulom vilom pranayam regularly purifies the different channels of the body, making it healthy strong and lustrous.
- It cures all the diseases that occur due to the disturbance of the ‘Vata Dosha’. These include rheumatism, gout, diseases that are related to the reproductive organs, cold,
- The three doshas of Vata, Kapha and Pitta are also regularised with regular practice of anulom vilom pranayam.
- Blood pressure and diabetes can be cured completely with the regular and dedicated practice of this pranayam.
- Increases oxygen supply throughout the body, making one feel calm and peaceful.
- Relieves stress, fever, eye concerns and ear issues.
- Improves blood circulation.
- Treats migraine, blockages in the arteries of the heart and chronic sinus problems.
- Transforms negative thoughts to positive.
- Controls obesity.
- Streamlines metabolism.
- Treats conditions of constipation, gastric, acidity, allergic problems, asthma, diabetes, gastric problems and snoring.