The first time I had this soup was in jojo’s hardrock cafe, out of sheer curiousity-the name itself got me interested as to what it might be,and I haven’t forgotten the taste ever since….
Now let’s make the Thukpa first !
- Tomatoes- 5 large and ripe
- Ginger & Garlic paste-1 tsp
- Carrots-1/2 cup sliced
- French beans- 1/2 cup chopped
- Cabbage- few leaves (tear into bite-sized pieces)
- Cauliflower- separate into small florets
- Aji-no-moto- a pinch
- Green chillies- 2 sliced
- wheat Noodles/ wheat pasta- 1/2 cup raw
- Lemon juice- 1 tbsp.
- Chopped coriander/cilantro-a handful
- Sugar- 1/2 tsp
- Salt and pepper to taste
if u are a non-vegetarian add chicken to it.
Chop tomatoes roughly add ginger and garlic and give several whistles in the pressure cooker, cool, blend and strain.
What I did:
2. Add the minces ginger and garlic and fry till the raw smell of garlic is gone.
3.Add the chicken pieces and fry till the chicken pieces are opaque.
4. Add the chopped tomatoes, cumin powder, salt and black pepper. Cook till the chicken is done. Please add a teaspoon of any chili paste you fancy, if you love your Thukpa spicy hot!
6. Add all the veggies except broccoli and spinach. If using fresh broccoli, you can add them at this point.
7. Once the veggies are well sauteed, add the chicken.Let it come to a boil.
whistle the pressure cooker, or let the chicken get cooked.
8. Add the little under-cooked spaghetti and let it cook for a minute. Check and adjust the seasonings.
9. Remove from flame and add juice of a lemon and a handful of fresh cilantro/ coriander leaves.
Server and enjoy!
Important point : Put on heat again ,add the rest of the ingredients except for salt, lemon juice ,cabbage, coriander and ajinomoto (optional) and cook till veggies are done but still crunchy, add the seasonings and cabbage, cook for few seconds, garnish with cilantro and serve- SLURP! SLURP!