- Food should be light, easy to digest and assimilate
- Heavier food is OK in Winter but in Summer it must be lighter
- Use spices intelligently to balance the doshas
- Cooked food is considered easier to digest than raw
- Certain foods do not go well with others eg: Milk does not go well with sour fruits or banana, yoghurt and banana are also incompatible.
- Different sorts of food are required at different times eg: pregnancy and post illness
- Ideal foods are ‘tridoshic’, balancing all three doshas eg: green mung dhal and coriander