Many people know my love for spinning Poi. It’s been a long time since I wrote a blog and i have a long list of things to blog about.Lets me start writing with Poi – Fitness is my religion and poi is definitely a must try fitness regime. If you are bored of regular cardio, yoga or Pilates workout try hooping or poiing. It’s refreshing and it’s High!It’s a very different High, It’s something you need to try to figure out what it means to you. In Practising any flow art particularly Poi spinning goes well beyond just being a performance art.
Let us have a look below at some of the benefits of Poi (Flow Arts)
- Stretching, Joint Flexibility & Muscle Toning,
- Full aerobic upper-body/full-body workout
- Playing poi strengthens your arms, wrists and fingers
- Poi will balance your left and right sides of your body by developing the weaker side and stronger side equally
- Develops a sense of rhythm and timing.
- Strengthens cardio vascular health, therefore decreasing the risk of heart disease
- Improve your fine and gross motor co-ordination
- It improves your hand eye co-ordination
- Speeds up reflexes and improves reaction time.
- Playing poi heightens one’s awareness of immediate surroundings
- Develops concentration and focus
- Cultivates patience and persistence
- Teaches you the importance of precision and accuracy
- Develops self-confidence & self esteem