Since I work intensively as a weight loss consultant I get quite a few clients who have been diagnosed with PCOS, PCOD and Thyroid. I conduct weight loss batches especially for PCOD and Thyroid clients for both pre-pregnancy and post pregnancy time frames.
It’s unfortunate to see the increasing number of PCOD and Thyroid cases in India. It’s becoming a very common disease.
What to do to avoid PCOD and Thyroid?
- Avoid constipation, drink water to make your potty soft enough to pass it out easily.
- Stop using the Hand Wash/Flush shower inside your butt. Many people who are exposed to enema therapy in naturopathy get in the mode of putting the flush in their butt, fill water and forcefully letting out the potty. The water used in naturopathy center is Neem water and water coming in your flush is not clean, its direct intake of germs in intestines.
- Sleep well for at least 8 hours a day. Avoid late night chats, watching TV, Eating snacks late night, etc.
- Eat good food. It can be outside food or deep fried, just avoid food with lot of plastic and preservatives in it.
HypoThyroid and PCOD happens in both male and female. Men who are overweight should think of getting Thyroid tested. When your trainer or doctor know you have hypo-Thyroid or PCOD it becomes easier to treat the client and the treatment is effective.
I had a family member who was suffering from Bipolar disorder. Bipolar disorder is a chronic, relapsing brain disorder that causes exaggerated shifts in mood, sleep, energy, concentration, and activity levels, and it impairs function in daily life. People with bipolar disorder are at higher risk for Thyroid disease, migraine headaches, heart disease, diabetes, obesity, and other physical illnesses.
Symptoms of Bipolar disorder
- Mood Changes: Extreme irritability, Sudden happiness/ Sadness
- Talking very fast, jumping from one idea to another, having racing thoughts
- Being unusually distracted
- Increasing activities, such as taking on multiple new projects
- Being overly restless, Sleeping little or not being tired
- Having an unrealistic belief in your abilities
- Behaving impulsively and engaging in pleasurable, high-risk behaviors.
- Abusive nature tends to beat kids or spouse.
- Creates debt; credit cards should be kept away from people with Bipolar disorder.
- Spending unnecessarily on unwanted things.
The reason why it’s so critical to have your Thyroid and bipolar checked is because there are crossover symptoms between hypo-Thyroid and depression including poor concentration, fluctuation in weight, memory issues, and low energy. Because of these crossover symptoms, without an actual blood test, it can very difficult to tell the difference.
Hypo-Thyroid and Bipolar: Comparison of Symptoms
|Hypothyroidism and Bipolar|
|Suicidal thoughts or behaviors||No||Yes|
|Crying spells, mood instability||Yes||Yes|
|Feelings of worthlessness||NormalWorthless everyday feeling||YesHigh|
|Lack of pleasure in life||Yes||Yes|
|Muscle aches and pains||Yes||Yes|
To help a friend or relative, you can always offer emotional support, be understanding, show a lot of patience, and provide them with ample encouragement