As most of you might know I am a Weight Management Therapist and i work intensively with Women weight-loss in India. My work involves interaction with women on everyday basis who are suffering from difficult chronic diseases along with struggling with their weights.
Here are few observations of most commonly used sentences by women/ men who love their ILLNESS:
1) You have no idea how ill i am. My limbs go numb, i cant sleep at night, i have knee pains. i take pain killers everyday,…etc.
– With this attitude you are always going to be ill. Start using past tense when referring to a disease or physical situation.
2) I don’t trust doctors , holistic healers or health trainers. They are of no use to me. My health is always going to be bad. I have wasted lot of money on them and i know i am going to do the same here with you.
Non curable is always curable from within and you can heal or cure yourself once you shift your attitude towards being hopeful. Trust and hope are key to everything in life. World works on hope and heals with trust and hope. Keep a little hope.
3) I have a bad body and it just gets worse with time. I have all kinds of diseases in my body. I have skin diseases, hypothyroid, diabetics, BP and migraine. I wont be surprised if i get a new disease. I am a challenge for you. Show me you can reduce my weight. I bet you – you cant ever make me lose weight. I want double of my money back if i dont lose weight.
You need to understand with the passion you talk about your disease if even with half of that passion – if you talk about getting cured and work towards being healthy. I bet you – you will always remain healthy. Body has the power to heal. At least give it a chance to heal.
4) I am genetically ILL, my mom has diabetics so i am going to get diabetics. I don’t have healthy genes so i am weak as my mom was never healthy. OR My mother/ father suffered from depression so i am genetically suffering from depression.
That’s Ridiculous! You cant blame bad health on someone else. You are unhealthy because you chose to be one. If you want to be healthy then start thinking about it. Do something about it. Start with baby steps and no need to change your entire life at once.
5) I am unhealthy because of my husband. I got married to him and i got thyroid, i became fat and he is the reason for all my health troubles. My in- laws have tortured me so much that i am sick today. My husband and his family are the cause of my misery today.
First of all – you own your body and mind. Its you who gave charge to your husband to rule you. Clear your boundaries. Start clearing by working on your health first.
6) I have a stressful job and my job made me fat, ill and ugly.
Darling its because you are a couch potato who eats late dinners. Each one of us has a job to do and each job is stressful.
7) I don’t think i am ready for a weight loss or lifestyle change. I enjoy my present routine and your weight loss regime needs me to stop eating non veg at night. I love eating non veg , all my family outing are at night if i don’t eat non veg with them they are going to suffer and being a non vegetarian how can you ask me to give up eating non veg at night.
My answer: My dear your body is toxic and if i have to detoxify you and help you lose that huge pot belly of yours – how the hell do you think i will do it????? I can make you healthy only when u stop consuming other’s fat and start working on losing your’s own.
8) My astrologer told me its there in my birth chart horoscope. My pitt (ancestors) are not happy with our family and so i will never have a good body because of bad karma of my all family members and i will always suffer from one or the other illness. I take everyone’s illness to keep everyone healthy. I am a house wife i dont need to go out so its ok if i take their diseases that’s why i am always going to be ill.
No horoscope or birth date or astrologer decides what you eat, how long you sleep or how much junk you eat. Your body is made by your stress, food and attitude. Just start thinking healthy, eating healthy and trusting your body. You will be healthy.
9) My body never listens to me, no matter what i do it is always going to be unhealthy and ill.
You live inside your body, say something good about it. If u keep cursing and saying how bad it is – your body is going to remain bad. Say something nice about it. Love it.
10) I lose weight and then i put on weight again. My thyroid level comes down but then i get migraine. Every time i lose weight i feel happy and i start eating like a pig and i put on weight again.
Its never about losing weight. A weight loss and health gain can only be permanent when you work towards being health and listen to your body. Your body talks to u every second and it need you to respect and respond to its need. Think health and you will always be on your ideal weight.