Natural Remedies for UTI
Excessive heat of body and high pitta dosha are responsible for burning sensation while urinating. People suffering from UTI should not consume hot and spicy foods.
People suffering from recurrent infections can try Vitamin C supplements or adding more vitamin C rich foods like amla, lemon and oranges to their diet. Vitamin C creates an acidic environment in the bladder and the urinary tract, which doesn’t allow potentially-harmful bacteria to enter. Most practitioners prescribe 5,000mg of vitamin C a day for patients having recurrent UTI.
1. Indian Gooseberry is rich in vitamin C which in turn inhibits the growth of bacteria of UTI Take a cup of water. Add one teaspoon of Indian gooseberry (amla) powder and one teaspoon of turmeric powder. Boil the solution until half the water evaporates. Drink the residue three times a day for three to five days. You can also eat more fruits like lemons, oranges, bananas, guava, kiwi, melon, raspberries, tomatoes, and papaya that contain a good amount of vitamin C.
If you eat amla or drink amla everyday UTI will never happen rather 80% complications wont happen
2. Cinnamon can actually kill this bacteria. You just have to make tea out of this magical herb and have it for 3-4 times a day. You will need: • Cinnamon powder- ½ to ¾ teaspoon • Warm water- 1 cup Directions: • Take warm water in a cup. • Add cinnamon powder to it and mix well. • Drink it. • While drinking this tea, keep a spoon ready with you to stir the tea occasionally because if your’s is a true herb, the cinnamon will not blend easily with the water. You’ll need to stir and mix it often till you finish the drink. If you are using cinnamon tea to prevent UTI, its enough to drink this tea once a day but if your infection has already set in, have 3-4 cups of it daily.
3. ACV – Apple cider vinegar Vinegar possess the ability to curb frequent UTIs. It works by alkalinizing the environment of the bladder and the urinary tract, making the pH intolerable for the infection-causing bacteria to breed in. Just add a couple of teaspoons of vinegar to a glass of warm water, and gulp it down.
4. Pineapple- Pineapple is rich with the enzyme bromelain, pineapples are an effective natural treatment for urinary tract infections. Best of all, this fruit is sweet, versatile and easy. You can’t go wrong with it. Eat citrus fruits regularly to avoid UTI
5. Curd Goodness- People suffering from frequent, recurring UTI can benefit a lot by using curd as a home remedy. The lactobacilli-bacteria present in the yogurt, are thought to reduce the occurrence of urinary tract infection
Cranberry juice can be consumed when ur suffering from UTI but should not be consumed regularly in India as its not manufactured in India.
Keep yourself clean; follow these rules
Don’t ever suppress urge to urinate. This way, you are holding up the bacteria and not allowing them to pass out of your body. This may lead to infection. After urinating, always wipe from front to back. When you do it from back to front, you increase the chances of anus bacteria come in contact with your urethra.
Whenever you go to toilet, wash your hands. The fecal bacteria cause 80 to 95 percent of urinary infections.
Avoid washing your genital area with fragrant soaps and other lotions. Also avoid using deodorants as they destroy your body’s natural protective barrier and make you prone to infection.
Always wear cotton underwear and they should not be too tight. Keep them dry because moist environment promote bacteria growth.
Before and after sexual intercourse, always urinate and wash your private parts.
During menstrual periods, use sanitary napkins instead of tampons. Frequently change napkins during the day.
Drink lots of water as a rule, not only to avoid UTI but also to keep your body functioning at its best.
Waxing, hair removal helps in keeping the area clean and sweat free.
Move your body, core strengthening exercise daily at least for 30-40 minutes. Being physically active will boost your immunity and you will be lesser prone to any kind of infection. Kegel exercise help in reducing recurrent UTI and improves core strength.
Assumptions of the article:
Summer / 30 degree C or more temperature
Tropical Indian climate
The above natural tips are not applicable in winters or – degree temperatures as it might lead to cough & cold